- Shumpert’s hands are as quick as his feet.
- Stoudemire’s lack of intensity vs. WAS thankfully didn’t carry over. Used Jason Maxiell as his puppet.
- Bibby does indeed maintain a heartbeat.
- TALKING on defense = good defense.
- Carmelo not near 100%, but booked 13 points.
- Knicks can compete without Melo doing it all.
- Knicks pound a bad team without any real competition, something they need to make a habit out of.
- Pistons really miss the 2000s.
- Douglas looked less horrible in a bench role.
- Knicks will win when offense flows.
- Jeremy Lin still Asian.
If the Knicks lost this game, then there’d be problems. For now, however, things are looking fine. They crushed a bottom-five team which is something the Knicks had issues with last season (loss @ CLE, loss to CLE at the Garden, etc.).
Offense looked good, defense looked good, but not much you can judge off a game against the Pistons, unfortunately. A win in Monday’s rematch vs. Charlotte at MSG would be another good step on the way to becoming a serious contender this season. The Knicks won’t have to face their first real test until a week from today, January 14th when they travel to OKC. Until then, it would be in their best interest to beat bad teams.